CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FLASHING

1998 Dodge Intrepid

rcarth

September, 3, 2011 AT 4:31 AM

My check engine light started flashing on my 98 Dodge Intrepid 6 cylinder 2.7L engine and I turned the key on and off 3 times and got these two codes (p 1684 and p0300) I am trying to find out what these codes mean? Also I was going through my manual and it stated that when the check engine light is flashing that it means that there is a catalytic Converter issues and could cause major damage. What could this possibly mean?

**Note**** I changed my oil today the same as I have for some time now****

Jacobandnickolas

September, 3, 2011 AT 4:46 AM

The flash could mean a few things. The PO300 means there is an engine misfire. Make sure you didn't knock any plug wires loose while you worked on it today. The PO1684 indicates the battery was disconnected within the last 50 starts. The PO300 is causing the light to be on and flash. On or more of the cylinders are misfiring.

rcarth

September, 3, 2011 AT 5:14 AM

Ok thanks. So after I check the plugs will the check engine light reset itself?

Jacobandnickolas

September, 3, 2011 AT 7:18 PM

Once you identify and repair the problem, go to a parts store and have them (using a scanner) reset the light.