I WAS DRIVING MY CAR IN THE NORMAL 2 WHEEL DRIVE...

1998 Daihatsu Terios

loverblelisa

February, 1, 2013 AT 11:20 AM

I was driving my car in the normal 2 wheel drive mode when I heard a loud bang come from under the car and the car stopped so I got out the car and looked underneath it and found a ball bearing I got back in the car and put it in gear all I got was a really loud rattling noise from the front end of the car and the car wont move so I put the car into 4 wheel drive mode and it drove perfect gears change normally to it just wont drive in the normal 2 wheel drive mode just rattles. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it any help would be much appreciated

hmac300

February, 1, 2013 AT 12:38 PM

Ya check to see if driveshaft or something else broke

loverblelisa

February, 1, 2013 AT 1:34 PM

Hi thanks for the response I jacked the car up at the front looked at the drive shafts they look fine I started the car put it in gear while it was jacked up and none of the wheels turn there is no movement on on the drive shafts at all also found a few more ball bearings under the car just loud rattling noise

hmac300

February, 1, 2013 AT 1:35 PM

Have a pro look at this your tcase or axle is broken

loverblelisa

February, 1, 2013 AT 1:58 PM

I was told it could be the front diff could this be possible

hmac300

February, 1, 2013 AT 2:57 PM

That's the axle andyes that is probably what is wrong you should ssee axle fluid or oil all aver if you are seeing ball bearings

loverblelisa

February, 1, 2013 AT 3:16 PM

Not seen any fluid yet but plenty of ball bearings thank you for your help

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement