SAXO

1998 Citroen Picasso

emndave

January, 14, 2011 AT 10:56 AM

My husbands drove his car to work this morning but as he tried to turn the car ignition off, the key wouldnt turn, he has had to take the battery out. He has tried putting wd40 in it but it wont budge. He has also been having trouble with the power steering and heaters, they both keep cutting out at the same time, but they eventually come back on. Could you tell me what you think this could be and how much you think it will cost?

Dave H

January, 23, 2011 AT 10:02 AM

Check/replace the ignition switch/barrel. Power steering and heaters are not related to each other? Heaters are electrical and power steering is driven by a belt? Is the car cutting out?

emndave

The car sometimes wont start and he has to bump start it, but the heaters go off and steering always goes stiff at the same time, they also come back on at the same time. We have now had the ignition barrel sorted but are still having the same problems with the heaters, steering and the car not starting sometimes?

Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement