1998 CHEVY TRUCK

• bkn4x4
  • 1998 Chevrolet Truck

1998 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My truck was running fine even with cam possition sensor code showing. To do smog I changed sensor. A simple task. I also changed cap & rotor at same time.(Nothing I havnt done a 100 times) When I tried to start truck it sounded like it was running on 6. So I went looking after a long teadiouse process I found that some how the plate the rotor mounts to had and can twist on dis. Shaft. So I got everything on time and seemed to be running fine. Until I put my foot in it. When the motor kicked down all hell broke loose and it start poppen spitten, gergling just ran like junk. I've been through the wires, coil, ignition module, finally ran good again.
Once again put my foot in it and again all hell broke loose SO HERE I AM TIRED OF SEARCHING THE (what I thought was the obviouae ) AND CANT AFFORD TO HAVE A DIOG. RAN. HELP

Monday, October 5th, 2009 AT 9:09 AM

• Dr Loot

By your description it sounds like you're having fuel delivery problems, have you replaced the fuel filter? If not, do that and check the fuel pressure.

Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 AT 9:40 AM
  • Heavy Chevy 76

I am having the same problem and I have changed fuel pump and fuel filter. If I try to drive it it wont change gears smoothly either.

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 AT 3:35 AM
  • Heavy Chevy 76

Oh yeah and the lifters have started rattling as well.

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 AT 3:36 AM