CHEVY

1998 Chevrolet Truck

bkn4x4

October, 5, 2009 AT 9:09 AM

1998 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My truck was running fine even with cam possition sensor code showing. To do smog I changed sensor. A simple task. I also changed cap & rotor at same time.(Nothing I havnt done a 100 times) When I tried to start truck it sounded like it was running on 6. So I went looking after a long teadiouse process I found that some how the plate the rotor mounts to had and can twist on dis. Shaft. So I got everything on time and seemed to be running fine. Until I put my foot in it. When the motor kicked down all hell broke loose and it start poppen spitten, gergling just ran like junk. I've been through the wires, coil, ignition module, finally ran good again.
Once again put my foot in it and again all hell broke loose SO HERE I AM TIRED OF SEARCHING THE (what I thought was the obviouae ) AND CANT AFFORD TO HAVE A DIOG. RAN. HELP

Engine Miss

Dr Loot

October, 6, 2009 AT 9:40 AM

By your description it sounds like you're having fuel delivery problems, have you replaced the fuel filter? If not, do that and check the fuel pressure.

Heavy Chevy 76

June, 5, 2012 AT 3:35 AM

I am having the same problem and I have changed fuel pump and fuel filter. If I try to drive it it wont change gears smoothly either.

Heavy Chevy 76

June, 5, 2012 AT 3:36 AM

Oh yeah and the lifters have started rattling as well.