SPEEDOMETER AND ANTILOCK DASH LIGHT

1998 Chevrolet Astro

JaclynEvans

July, 10, 2013 AT 12:54 PM

It has done this a few times in the past but never for this long, or this bad. When I was driving home, the speedometer drops and jumps around no matter what speed I an traveling, which in turn causes the van to sputter and cut out, if you will. That is something that it has done on occasion, but last night it would drop from 60 mph, down to 10 or 15 mph and 10 minutes into our 25 minute drive home the Anti-Lock dash light came on when the brakes had not been in use due to a straight stretch of road with no other traffic. I need to know what is causing this so that I can remedy the problem, for it is a family vehicle.

July, 10, 2013 AT 1:53 PM

Make sure the battery has a full charge and all battery cables/ connections/in good shape/ clean and tight. Do you have a volt meter on the dash, does the meter act up when the problem occurs?

Then check the charging system.

Can you check applicable trouble codes? Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue