STALLING EVERYTIME I SHIFT INTO GEAR!

• TaniaMM
  • 1998 Cadillac Seville
  • automatic

My 1998 Cadillac seville sts stalls when I shift to any gear. The car starts perfectly, it's only when I shift into gear the car completely dies. We noticed that when the heat or A/C is shut off, the call will NOT stall. Even the radio seems to have an effect, if it's turned ON, the car will drive! It's so wierd. Please give me some advice!

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 3:00 PM

• factoryjack

It is kind of a bizarre symptom. Is there any warnings that appear on the dash, and what does the dash do? It will stall forward or reverse, I would check the ground cable from the chassis to the engine at the right front corner of the engine compartment for one being loose, or broken. Sometimes if the front engine mount is split for a length of time, it works on that cable and strands start breaking. Has there been any repairs done to the vehicle recently, that might explain a coincidental?

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 3:28 PM
  • TaniaMM

No warning signs on the dash. The brake line was recently replaced. It stalls in forward, reverse, neutral, any gear actually. It will only stay running in park. UNLESS the vents are off and the radio is ON. There have been no warning signs recently on the dash.

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 3:59 PM
  • cadieman

Ck. The tps sensor and check obd11 codes.

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 4:33 PM