MY CAR RAN OUT OF GAS AND IVE HAD A PROBLEM EVER...

1998 Buick Park Avenue

bjhnson24

January, 8, 2013 AT 4:17 AM

My car ran out of gas, and ive had a problem ever since, replaced MAF, MAP, Throttle position sensor, and Idle control valve the car runs great starts right up from a cold start, but after the engine is warmed up sometimes it will start without a problem, but more times than not when I try to start it up from a warm start the car will start, but cut right back off it idles down and I have to hit the gas to keep it running long enough to get in gear and then its fine again doesnt cut off or anything I took it to a couple repair shops they scanned no trouble codes, and no ideas on what the problem may be, I was told it could be a crank sensor or a camshaft sensor, fuel pressure was tested and it was about where it was suppose to be im just trying to get a idea of what it could be before I waste more money on sensors that I didnt need

Cam Sensor

January, 8, 2013 AT 9:20 AM

I would start with fuel pump. It fails after running out of fuel giving you all kinds of issues.

bjhnson24

February, 7, 2013 AT 8:51 AM

UPDATE ** installed a new fuel pump, it ran and started great for 2 days then back to do the same thing, starting while warm it runs for a few seconds and the rpm's dance and dip and car cuts off.

Shani69

June, 12, 2013 AT 1:06 PM

Im thinking there was something at the bottom of your fuel tank that was bad. It traveled through the fuel lines through the engine, you may just need to have the whole system flushed.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015