What do you mean by not in neutral position?
Are all gears indicating correctly when gear shift is moved to their respective slots?
Was replacement of the switch done as per procedures?
A/T GEAR POSITION SWITCH
1. Ensure parking brake is applied. Place switch slider on A/T gear position switch in Neutral position. See Fig. 17. Place shift lever in Neutral.
2. Install A/T gear position switch and nuts. DO NOT tighten nuts at this time. The A/T gear position switch must be adjusted.
3. To adjust A/T gear position switch, place shift lever in Park. Ensure retaining nuts are loose. Note 14-pin harness connector terminal dentification.
4. Connect ohmmeter between terminals "A" and "L". Move A/T gear position switch toward rear of console until continuity exists between terminals "A" and "L". Free play at lock pin should be.079" (2.0 mm).
5. Tighten nuts. Check A/T gear position switch for correct continuity in all gears. If proper adjustment cannot be obtained, check for damaged shift lever detent or bracket. Install harness connector and center console.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, August 26th, 2013 AT 10:55 AM