HIGH BRAKE LIGHT NOT WORKING

1997 Volvo 850

850lvr

October, 10, 2012 AT 2:42 PM

First I put a new bulb in and cleaned the contacts, nothing. A friend checked for power and found none. He said my Haynes manual schematic showed a connector in the lower left rear door area was the next place that needed to be checked, I can't find that connector. As you may have guessed, I am not a mechanic but I'd like to try to fix this myself. The rest of the brake lights all work properly. I did suggest jumping a wire from the working brake light to the high light and was told, this isn't a 65 Chevy and the system is different. I love my 850 and try to keep it as best I can so any help would be appreciated, Thank You

October, 10, 2012 AT 2:48 PM

Which light is not working?

October, 10, 2012 AT 2:50 PM

Is this a sedan or wagon?

850lvr

October, 10, 2012 AT 7:01 PM

My car is a base sedan and I'm talking about the brake light mounted on the deck in the rear window, Thanks for responding.

October, 10, 2012 AT 8:01 PM

Sorry I missed that out as you mentioned the high stop light in your question title and I did not read that correctly.

All the rear lights gets their power source from the rear bulb warning sensor located at left rear of trunk. The supply terminal is # 10 (Grey/Black wire).

850lvr

October, 10, 2012 AT 8:16 PM

Thanks for your reply. I will have to wait til tomorrow to attempt a repair, I'll let you know how it goes.

Fog Light Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper