NEED HELP WITH RUNNING/DASH LIGHTS

1997 Saturn Astra

jonah mcleish

October, 3, 2011 AT 1:53 PM

I took a cd deck out of my car and everythng worked perfectly before.
This morning I noticed that the runnning/fog lamps and the dash cluster lights dont work. The gauges and interior/headlamps work. I have checked fuses and nothing. I thought the dashboard lights had burnt out until I realized that the running lights are supposed to turn on when the car is running. But they dont either. Pleaase help.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:05 PM

Check to see if by accident you loostend any wiries under the dash. Also, check to see if you damaged any body grounds under the dash.

jonah mcleish

October, 3, 2011 AT 3:14 PM

Hey thanks for the reply. I checked, I cant get the gauge panel out for some reason. All the wires seem to be intact and properly connected. I have tested every fuse I came across. I removed the dimmer switch and tested it for power. Nothing there. The dimmer switch wires run behind the gauge cluster. All fuses seem to be operational.

jonah mcleish

October, 3, 2011 AT 3:18 PM

Also while the car is running/turned to on power position there are three fuses in the under the hood fuse box that do not have power. The fuses are not blown. And are labeled as follows.

TRS LP
TRS 3/4
TRS 2/TCC

all 3 are 10 amp tiny fuses.

jonah mcleish

October, 3, 2011 AT 3:51 PM

Edit. Its a 1997 SL1 sedan. Saturn. Not that astra as it says.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911