SHOWING THE P1441 CODE

1997 Nissan Pathfinder

Mookie

March, 29, 2012 AT 3:28 PM

I have a 1997 nissan pathfinder and replaced a lot of the parts and still no luck. What should I try now?

i have replaced the following:

vacuum cut bypass valve
vacuum cut valve
the gas cap with nissan cap
canister vent control valve
all of lines
i have traced and tested all of the wiring

fixitmr

March, 29, 2012 AT 6:24 PM

So you cleared code and it's still re-setting?

Mookie

March, 29, 2012 AT 10:22 PM

Yes, I have cleared the code several times and it returns. I left the battery cables off for 3 days then drove the car and let is sit over night and it returned.

Masowai

June, 8, 2012 AT 4:42 AM

My 98 Pathfinder had this code when I bought it. It was a clogged EVAP purge valve. It was completely full of carbon from the canister!
I successfully cleaned mine out instead of replacing it. My CEL turned off almost immediately!
If you dismantle yours, make sure you don't break the metal tabs that hold it together. Also, try to shake out the rest of the carbon in the hose leading to the valve. Before you put it all back together, install a cheap and clear fuel filter in front of the valve. Now you can see it all building up instead of clogging your valve. Of course, you'll need to remedy the charcoal canister problem at some point.

Masowai

June, 8, 2012 AT 4:47 AM

I almost forgot to say in my last response above. You can check to see if your valve is stuck open before you take it all apart. Squeeze/pinch the hose line that feeds it from the canister. If you can feel little pieces of crunchy particles in there, chances are that those pieces of carbon have become jammed up in the valve.

Mookie

June, 8, 2012 AT 2:25 PM

I replaced the evap purge valve. I had a smoke test done and the system was leaking where the purge valve mounts to the charcoal canister. I replaced both and found that the top of the charcoal canister was deformed. Basically it was caved in and if I blew into it it was blow up like a balloon. There CEL came back on. I replaced the O-ring between the valve and canister but I was wondering if there is a special seal for that? Or if I could use some gasket maker?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8