CAN'T GET TO RUN ON PETROL

1997 Mitsubishi Triton

regpye

April, 20, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Triton MK GLX 2.4L petrol that was purchased with just a single ignition key, I do not have a master key. The vehicle is fitted with LPG (after market)and also petrol.
The vehicle will run fine on LPG but will not start on petrol.
I have checked the electric fuel pump and it will work when taken off the vehicle and run from a battery. There is no power getting to the pump from the wiring.
If I connect a separate wiring to the pump it will pump fuel (checked the fuel return line)Still not able to get the engine to fire on petrol.

hmac300

April, 20, 2012 AT 7:37 PM

Check the fuel pump relay. We dont' have any info on this car but a diamante is under console left side you want mfi relay 2

regpye

April, 22, 2012 AT 11:14 AM

I have now fitted a new relay and the condition has not changed.
I am still not getting any power to the fuel pump. If I connect directly to the fuel pump I can get it to work, however the engine will still not start on petrol.

hmac300

April, 22, 2012 AT 1:27 PM

Unless you know what car that is similar in the u.S. Here we have no way to follow the leads going to the pump as all vehicles are not wired the same.

regpye

April, 22, 2012 AT 9:58 PM

Regardless of the wiring to the pump, why wont the engine start on petrol when the pump wiring is by-passed with external wiring?
I can get fuel up by wiring externally, but if I can't get the engine to fire there is little use in checking the wiring to the pump. If I can get the engine running with external wiring, then I can then pursue the fault of the pump connection.

hmac300

April, 22, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

Check the fuel pump pressure, it may not be high enough. It should be at lest 38 at idle w/vacuum or 47-50w/o sorry I dint' asnwer that one right

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right