SIR GOOD DAY

1997 Mitsubishi Lancer

rochjohn19

November, 21, 2012 AT 10:55 AM

Sir good day. After I turn off the AC there is a grinding sound. But when the AC is on that grinding sound gone. I dont know what is that sounds.

Wrenchtech

November, 21, 2012 AT 11:00 AM

That would tend to indicate a bad clutch pulley bearing. That ultimately would mean replacing the compressor and dryer.

rochjohn19

November, 21, 2012 AT 11:40 AM

Thank you sir. It happend after I changed a second hand compressor. The aircon technician told me that compressor is the problem because only blower runs when I turn on the AC. So I decided to buy a second hand compressor. But thats what happen.

Wrenchtech

November, 21, 2012 AT 12:00 PM

A/C repair is not a DIY job. A lot of experience is required to recognize issues and understand just what needs to be done to the system and what needs to be added to it. You have no idea how much oil is in the system or even why the first compressor failed. If it had an internal failure, then it has likely contaminated the rest of the system which will lead to yet another failure. I suggest you let a qualified shop deal with this.

rochjohn19

November, 21, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

Thank you sir! Yes I will go to a qualified shop to fix this.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic