Not kicking into gear

MISSTRICKY
  • 1997 MITSUBISHI LANCER
  • 1,900,000 MILES
I have mitsi lancer 97 tiptronic while im driving my car I notice my transmission is making afunni noise trying to kick it into gear it does kick into gear after a while but when im waiting at lights on standstill for awhile it tends to go real slow like trying to get into gear before hitting the right gear again. I have had thermostat timing belt and water pump replaced. Was thinking if it was my transmission or spark plugs?
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 1:30 AM

KHLOW2008
Get the transmission fluid checked and ensure level is correct.

Have a scan done to check for trouble codes.

Does using manual shifting result in same condition?
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 2:38 AM
MISSTRICKY
Checked transmission fluid recently to find it was low topped up to right level worked well for a while but now has come back I keep topping it up to get it too work again. Using manual shifting doesnt seem to fix the problem either. How would I go about getting a scan check on my car?/
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 3:05 AM
KHLOW2008
Most parts stores provide scanning services.

If you need to keep topping up, there must be a leak somewhere or you have overfilled resulting in the sluggishness.
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 3:34 AM

Sponsored links