DRIVERS SIDE POWER WINDOW WORKS 3 DONOT

1997 Mercury Tracer

problem

September, 3, 2011 AT 7:19 PM

3 power windows donot work drivers side front window works

September, 3, 2011 AT 7:48 PM

Will they work with individual window switches? Are you just trying to operate from master switch?

September, 3, 2011 AT 7:51 PM

What about your lockout switch?

problem

September, 3, 2011 AT 9:37 PM

Window locks are not on and we have tried each button and master

September, 4, 2011 AT 5:39 PM

At the moment, I think the problem is the master switch? Check the hinge side of rear door, wiring harness. Black wire with blue tracer is voltage for power window, hot/voltage with the key on. Note diagram below. At the rear window switch, the wires on either side of the wire just mentioned are grounds, one ground for up, the other ground for down.

Sarah Meikle

October, 28, 2011 AT 9:51 PM

I am having the same problem. Do I need to replace the whole master switch? If so, any recommendations where to get it? I am having problems finding it for a reasonable price. One company quoted me $500 just for the part, which is ridiculous. Thanks for your help.

November, 16, 2011 AT 9:06 PM

Hi Sarah, is your vehicle the same year make and model as listed? If you make a new post, more people will see it.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser