AIRBAG/ SRS/ CODE 41 RH SENSOR ISSUE

1997 Lincoln Continental

snosaint

March, 11, 2012 AT 6:56 PM

I am getting the blinking airbag 41 code. I located the sensor & visually I looks fine. I think I traced the lead wire to where it is plugged into the harness- it is vertical and on a support to the right of the radiator.
I was able to unplug it(if I am correct) and there was no corrosion found. Used a bit of spray cleaner any way and plugged back in several imes. Still blinks 41. Is the sensor module itself subject to internal corrosion and can it be removed and serviced, or is it a replace it only deal? I can get one new for @ $40.
If Repr or Repl sensor do not solve the issue where do I find the Airbag diagnostic module? Thanks for any help.

March, 11, 2012 AT 7:57 PM

DTC 41 High Resistance Or Open In Right Front Impact Sensor Circuit

Airbag diagnostic monitor located at left side of dash-sorry no picture location

snosaint

March, 11, 2012 AT 9:46 PM

Yes that is pretty much what I was able to find. I was hoping for more definite answers to the questions I asked.