1997 LEXUS ES300

1997 Lexus ES

johnwagner1

December, 30, 2012 AT 9:18 PM

1997 Lexus es300. Remote stopped working to lock and unlock doors. Panic and trunk still work fine. With key in the ignition, If doors are all closed, only lock works from the electric switches. If a door is open, only unlock works from electric switches. If I remove the key from the ignition, only lock works. Remote confirms current state. Meaning if the doors are locked, pressing the remote lock button results in a click from the receiver, but unlock does nothing. If the doors are unlocked, or open, pressing the remote unlock button results in 2 clicks from the receiver, but the lock button does nothing

Key will only work from passenger door.

Cant Get A Remote To Work

1 IMAGE

Remote Start

December, 30, 2012 AT 9:44 PM

Are the lock actuators in good condition? Not binding?

johnwagner1

December, 31, 2012 AT 3:31 AM

They seem fine. All four are fast and sound strong with no new or odd sounds.

johnwagner1

December, 31, 2012 AT 3:33 AM

Now, to add insult to injury, I was told to test the alarm system. I rolled down the drivers side window, closed all doors, waited for the alarm to set, then reached inside and unlocked the door. This set off the alarm and the remote wouldn't shut it off so I put the key in and turned it to acc. This shut off the alarm but locked out the starter. There is no indication of a prob except it will not start. Nothing from the security light. Ive locked and unlocked both front doors with the key but it wont reset the system. I don't think disconnecting the batt would help since that would make it too easy to steal the car. Anyone have any suggestions?

Not sure if it could be related, but the key works perfectly in the passenger door, but in the drivers door it will not immediately work. It has to be jiggled around quite a bit to work, then it operates fine until you remove it. Could the security sys be trying to lock out the key? The key is the factory master key and has never had issues before.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006