Replaced Several Aalternators

SAMMY3544
  • 1997 ISUZU TROOPER

I have replaced several alternators. My latest (wilson) volts drop on hard ecceleration, and when I rolls the back windows down? It was so idles up and down a little once it's warm and the volt meter ticks/moves a little about a 1/2 volt. Is there a charging problem? Short? Is It's like every one installed before is not compatable?

Sunday, July 29th, 2012 AT 5:45 PM

ASEMASTER6371

What are the voltages?

Sunday, July 29th, 2012 AT 6:24 PM
SAMMY3544

The alt is steaddy at 14 volts, until the hard excelleration then it dorops to just below 12 volts. I just noticed that when I touch my turn signals the volt meter twiches, and when I roll my power windows down in the back the volts drop down to about 12 volts. This is the 3rd alt in 6 months.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 3:54 AM
SAMMY3544

Also, I just had they neg battery terminal replaced. They say the alt is fine because there is a technical bulletin that says it will drop, but it does all this other stuff that tells me otherwise. Seems to be very littel out there on Troopers.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 3:56 AM
ASEMASTER6371

No, it is not normal for this to drop to 12.

First, check the belt tension. It has nothing to do with troopers but has to do with basic electric in charging systems.

Start with basics. Check the belt tension

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 12:15 AM