WHERE ARE THE FUEL INJECTORS LOCATED?

1997 Hyundai Tiburon

MichaelSmithey

February, 16, 2013 AT 11:33 AM

Where are the fuel injectors located. Maybe a diagram on how to most easily access them. Thank you

February, 16, 2013 AT 1:34 PM

They are on the intake manifold. Once the engine cover is removed, you would see them. Wire connectors would be attached to them and why do you want to access them?

MichaelSmithey

February, 16, 2013 AT 8:47 PM

Well when I take off the car is studdering pretty good, its a manual, and I have to keep a good rpm to get gas to the engine at th same time '3000rpm'.I replaced fuel pump and screen. Didn't fix it. Going to have filter replaced also. Cant get to bottom bolt or I would do that to. So I thought maybe fuel injectors. Hope not really exspensive

February, 16, 2013 AT 9:36 PM

Around 89-100 bucks each. I would look at basics like plugs/ coil before guessing at the injectors

February, 17, 2013 AT 3:53 AM

Fuel injectors would be the last thing in line for hesitation and misfiring problems I would check. They are not cheap and seldom fails for vehicles that are in constant use.

Roy has pointed you in the right direction.

Is the Malfunction Indicator Light showing?

MichaelSmithey

February, 18, 2013 AT 11:27 AM

When I went and had a diagnostics ran it said misfires in diffrent cylinders and to check fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel injectors so was just going off that, thanks guys

February, 28, 2013 AT 2:16 PM

Sorry for the delay in replaying, had been offline due to a cable fault here whereby I had no access to fixed phone lines nor internet services for the past 10 days.

Misfires can be due to many possible causes and spark plugs and related components are the basics to start with.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L