WONT ACCELERATE ON A INCLINE

1997 Geo Metro

2CarPros-Archives

1997  Geo Metro   manual transmission 1.3 liters engine. The problem is that whenever I start my car it doesn't want to accelerate, and while on a flat it will work as normal but as soon as I try to make an incline it just dies down and loses power even with my foot on the gas I engage park brake and take my foot off the gas and start over, it revs ok and you feel the power, but as soon as you place it in first gear and try to move off it dies off again can you help thanks

2CarPros-Archives

I know this sounds crazy and goes back to the days before fuel pumps on cars, but consider that the fuel flow is not sufficient on the vehicle. There is gas but the pressure is less than it needs and the climbing of the hill etc works against the problem and solely depends on the pump to get the fuel to the injectors. I would start with a fuel filter replacement. If that does not help, I would get a fuel pressure check on the car. It could be a weak fuel pump.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang