EVERY OTHER AUTO BELT TENSIONER APPEARS ...

1997 Ford F-150

andykerner

Every other auto belt tensioner appears different than what Ive seen on all the other pictures, and I have NO idea how to release the tension to put the belt back on. All the other tensioners Ive seen have a square hole for a ratchet which you turn to loosen, but mine has no such hole! All I see is a black tongue like feature with athe rubber stopper. Everything else in the process is done, but im stumped here amd have NO idea about cars more or less. So temper your answers please. How do I release the tension to put the belt back on its final pulley!

What you see in the image is the top of the tensioner, obviously attatched to the pulley which (theoretically) should loosen! Pleeeaaasseee help. Haha

Give us a picture of the whole thing

andykerner

Here ya go!

Ok, the bolt head on the pulley is left hand thread. Put a wrench on it and that will move the tensioner

roy

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Air Filter Replacement
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350