Replace cambelt

STONY MORGAN
  • 1997 FIAT UNO
Fiat Uno Pacer Sx 1997 100,000. Camshaft belt snapped. Timing is off.
I have replaced the camshaft belt, but cannot get the timings right. It starts, but the revs are very weak. I do not know how to get the cam and crank shafts and distributor settings in line. The manual does not help much.
Friday, June 10th, 2011 AT 4:47 PM

DRCRANKNWRENCH
Procedure for setting up timing;

With valve cover off and a ratchet and socket on the crank find TDC for number 1 cylinder.
Line the crank alignment mark up per manufacturers spec and install is slip the belt on and remember to use woodruf key on each cam and crank. Tighten bolts and crank belt washer. Attach the belt tensioner and adjust. Then turn the motor 10-12 times in direction of operation.
Install the cam gears with TDC alignment marks pointing at each other, (Position for cam gear marks may vary bt manufacturer).
Turn crank until the intake cam begins to close, once it closes, number 1 is at TDC is right after it. To assure you have it, measure or feel out where the intake and exhaust lobes are positioned. They should be the same angle but facing away from each other. The marking on the crank and cam gear. Spin the engine again by hand and make sure marks for alignment stayed in same place and set at TDC.
Then put in the distributor with the #1 spark plug wire pointing at the #1 spark plug. Then going by firing order install spark plug wires to rotor cap.
Re-Assemble the rest as in removal. You might need to play with lug wires to get the proper length to its plug. Do this one at a time.
Fire it up and check timing with light.

We are sorry we do not have a diagram for you
+2
Sunday, August 28th, 2011 AT 3:06 AM