WELL LOOKING FOR HEADS UP

1997 Dodge Ram

zarkotis

July, 14, 2012 AT 1:54 PM

Just got this not to long ago just looking for a heads up on what I might be getting into. Not that anything huge is going to happen just wondering of possible issues I may be looking at.

July, 14, 2012 AT 2:12 PM

What problem are you encountering? If you had posted a previous post, please reply to it so that who ever attended to you can response when notification is received.

zarkotis

July, 14, 2012 AT 2:26 PM

Well so far just some front suspension slighty bouncy at the moment when hitting bumps but other then that no real problems. Just mainly wondering if there has been major issues with this style of truck

July, 14, 2012 AT 2:39 PM

I don't know about that but I never start worrying until I need to worry.

The saying is " If it ain't bad, don't fix it". Life is too short for us to worry about what is going to happen tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

zarkotis

July, 30, 2012 AT 4:07 AM

Ok on this same 1997 dodge ram 1500 slt larimee 4x4 5.2l v8. I was driving down the road and all the sudden engine light comes on and loose pretty much all power to go up hills. Like theres no power at all. Thought at first transmisson but then going down hill it will shift up to a point and be ok for a shake but going up hill at the moment maybe 15 mph. Im thinking catalytic converter has gone out and clogged exhaust creating power loss possible?

July, 30, 2012 AT 1:12 PM

Get a scan done to check the trouble codes and let me know what it is.

Autozone provides free scanning services.

zarkotis

July, 31, 2012 AT 3:37 AM

I dont have equipment for error codes but I do know this much I drilled a hole in each exhaust before the catalytic converter and it worked for a bit there but is only 1/2 inch holes so I believe I will finish cutting it out so as to make it by til I can repair properly and or make it to a repair shop until then I need to be able to make it to and from work so fingers crossed it works til wednesday I know will be loud as ever though

July, 31, 2012 AT 12:59 PM

There is a possibility the catalytic converter is plugged and if that is the case, you would need to check for misfiring as well. Misfirings can cause the cat converter to overheat and collapse internally.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500