HOW TO LOWER 97 CHEVY TRUCK POWER WINDOW MANUALLY

1997 Chevrolet Silverado

alhutto

February, 26, 2012 AT 8:39 PM

My drivers side power window motor failed(verified) with the window in the full UP position. In order to remove my failed motor and regulator and inner door panel to which it is attached the window must be down. How do I lower the window manually? My factory manual and videos I have reviewed all state the window must be down to remove the panel and the regulator. The regulator is a scissor type and is riveted to the inner panel.I have a new regulator with motor ready to install but I just cannot figure out how to lower the window manually to facilitate removing the old one.
Thanks Much
Al Hutto

cadieman

February, 26, 2012 AT 10:01 PM

Try holding the switch to go down. Then bang on the door panel. If the motor is bad it will start running. Both the reg. And motor never go bad at the same time. The window needs to be all the way up and use 2 pieces of wide masking tape over the top of the door and on the window glass to hold it in place. Remove the door panel. Remove and metal plates covering any holes youll need to remove the regulater. Then drill out the rivets holding the reg. On. Should be 5 rivets. Then remove window motor wiring connecter. Then slide the regulater out the rear of the window channel. Then work the reg. Out the door opening. Drill out the motor and rerivet it back on and test it and reinsall it use screws and bolts to resecure the wincow regulater.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement