I Accidentally pressed the differential lock button at high speed. Did I damage the vehicle?

FREESKIERCHICA
  • 1996 TOYOTA RAV4
  • 155 MILES

I have a 96 Toyota RAV4. I was driving about 75-80 mph, and accidentally pressed the differential lock button which set of some kind of beeping sound (the button is directly below the AC.). I tried pressing the button again, but the sound continued. I pulled over, stopped, and pressed the button again. The sound stopped, and everything seemed OK. The vehicle "felt" normal when driving, and there were no unusual sounds. A few miles later, I pulled into the garage and noticed a faint smell somewhat like burnt motor oil. The vehicle has a slow oil leak, but due to what happened, I'm a bit paranoid that I may have damaged something.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 2:01 PM

ASEMASTER6371

The fluid may have overheated from the incident. I would have it changed so there will be no furhter damage done.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 2:42 PM
FREESKIERCHICA

Thank you! I will have the fluid changed.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 2:47 PM

Help us by donating