MY CAR ENGINE IS BROKEN! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

1996 Toyota Camry

sjishaq

August, 24, 2012 AT 10:15 PM

My 1996 Toyota Camry LE 2.2L Automatic has a engine that is broken. It also has these following things damaged: Cassette player/Radio, Antenna, Head lights, Air Bag light is on, Tale light sign is on, Trunk leaks from the back(rain water comes in when it rains), windshield washer fluid bottle leeks, alarm system speakers don't work, and engine coolant leaks from one of the hoses. I think the car has a accident because the bumpers are not painted correctly and the windshield is not original. I bought this car for $2,300 and I have spent almost $1,600 for other repairs when buying this car. A mechanic told me that it will cost $1,300 to replace the engine. That includes the parts and labor. Can you please give me advice on whether to replace the engine or not? Imagine if you were in this position what would you do. I need you best opinion.

Thanks,
Syed Ishaq

hmac300

August, 24, 2012 AT 10:38 PM

Whats wrong with the engine, if it's a head gasket just get it fixed.

sjishaq

August, 25, 2012 AT 10:17 PM

The engine blew up. The oil leaked. I need to replace the whole engine.

hmac300

August, 25, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

Well check into junkyards hees a site www. Junkyarddog. Com you type in the info an dyou will get replies from places that have them. That would be your cheapest thing to do, they will vary in price and you'll needto find a person to install it.

Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT