ATF - FLUSHING METHOD

1996 SAAB 900

ntp

January, 20, 2012 AT 10:38 AM

Dear Sir,
I would like to know how to change the automatic transmission fluid(ATF) by flushing. I went to the shop, the mechanic cannot understand the ATF route so cannot jump to the exchanger, he showed me he had the adapter for SAAB for this.
Thank you very much. Hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards,
nattapong c.

January, 20, 2012 AT 10:55 AM

I don't recommend flushing might make things worst than it is

Wrenchtech

January, 20, 2012 AT 11:02 AM

Not sure what it is that you are asking here. You need to machine hooked up to be able to do this. I don't see a problem with doing it provided that the trans doesn't already have a problem. It's a good thing to do as a preventative but should not be used as any kind of repair.

ntp

January, 23, 2012 AT 7:38 AM

As I had described about the water that passed through the gear system, it now makes the speed changing especially from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 are not smooth, if it is hard to change from speed 1 to 2 then 2 to 3 will change more faster and this produce some force to flick the car and when the situation like this occurs the "check gearbox" would light up and the car has no power -the thing I have to do is restart that the "check gearbox" will goes off and I have to accelerate carefully for those speeds.
For this reason, and for my opinion because the water that enamel the precised gear and make a faulty working, flushing the transmission fluid should bring out some of the water. Please tell me if this is wrong. If it would help please tell me how to this. Thank you very much.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz