I HAVE A 1996 PLYMOUTH VOYAGER BASE MODEL AND IT...

1996 Plymouth Voyager

macbarb

April, 4, 2013 AT 5:52 PM

I have a 1996 Plymouth Voyager base model and it started running rough about 3 weeks ago and since then we have had in the 3 different repair shops and no one has been able to find the problem because it has been a intermittent problem and th4e check engine light would not remain on. I have bought a code scanner and have replaced each code that has come up which, has been the map x2, crank, and cam sensor and thought I fixed the problem however, it started running like crap again and it is showing two codes again and they are P1297 and P0108 (map sensor) which has been replaced twice.
I am lost what else could it be?
Mac

hmac300

April, 4, 2013 AT 7:08 PM

Check your fuel pressure low pressure can cause some problem and not set a code. Also check your connections at crank and cam sensors by wiggling them. Both of those are map sensor codes, but just because it says that code doesn't mean that is it. Test wires by wiggling them both at map and pcm, you can have a bad connection or a vacuum leak that will set this as well. Also check for a restriction at map sensor where it gets vacuum. Other than that have a pro look at this.

macbarb

April, 4, 2013 AT 7:25 PM

I should have told you that the 1st thing I did was check all vacuum lines for leaks/cracks and have checked and rechecked for loose wires and connections.

Mac

hmac300

April, 4, 2013 AT 7:33 PM

Ok but now check for restrictions to map sensor. The codes mean to high a voltage for one and map not sending to pcm then have apro look at it.