LEXUS ES 300 ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. CODE P0753

• Jaysh
  • 1996 LEXUS ES 300

Dear friends please help,
lexus es 300 take to mechanic to chnage solenoid, it didnt solve the problem. While they benn working on it speedometer, rpm and alarm stop working, they saying it is transmission computer. I dont belive they disconnect some wires or switches. Please advis e me any idea and what can I do I already paid 450.00

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 AT 4:32 PM

• KHLow2008

Is the code still showing after replacement of the solenoids?
Have the fuses been checked?

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 AT 11:24 PM
  • Jaysh

Thanks for the reply.

Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 10:03 PM
  • Jaysh

Thanks for the reply. Yes the code was still showing. It worked for 3 days then the same problem started. Car dont accelarate properly on drive, riverse work fine. The solenoid didnt solve the problem. So they been looking for electrical problem. They said they going to take it to a electrical shop to find out what happened. They saying if it is thier mistake they will pay. I, am scazred to call them, so I didnt call today and they didnt let me know anything yet. Please give me an idea what should be the worst will happen if I pick back and take it to onother place. I told them I will buy ecm and if that didnt solve the problem do they refund money they said no. I lost the trust in them.
Any advise will be very helpful. Thanks jays.H

+1
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 10:10 PM
  • Jaysh

Jmjop

Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 10:10 PM
  • KHLow2008

Here are the description and diagostic procedures.

DTC P0753: NO. 1 SOLENOID CIRCUIT

Circuit Description
Shifting is performed in combination with ON and OFF position of shift solenoids controlled by ECT ECU. If an open or short circuit occurs in either shift solenoid, ECT ECU reverts to fail-safe mode.
See Fig. 2. DTCs are output when a open or short circuit occurs.

Possible causes are:
No. 1 solenoid circuit.
No. 1 solenoid.
ECT ECU malfunction.

Diagnosis & Repair Procedure

1. Ensure ignition is off. Access ECT ECU. Backprobing ECT ECU harness connector with ohmmeter, measure resistance between terminal No. S1 and ground. If resistance is 11-15 ohms, replace ECT ECU and retest. If resistance is not within specification, go to next step.

2. Disconnect solenoid harness connector (next to PNP switch) at transaxle. Check continuity between terminal S1 of transaxle harness connector and corresponding terminal of ECT ECU harness connector.

3. If continuity exists, go to next step. If continuity does not exist, inspect and repair circuit as needed.

4. Measure resistance between transaxle connector terminals S1 and ground. If resistance is 11-15 ohms, replace solenoid. If resistance is not as specified, replace transaxle sub-harness as needed.

Friday, April 1st, 2011 AT 12:22 PM
  • Jaysh

Thank you so much, they took the car to onother electrical shop. Not fixed yet. I will show them this information how to check the ecu. They doing gues work with out proper diagnosis. Any idea why the rpm. Alarm and speedometer went off, is it connected by the ecu. Jaysh.

Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 3:12 AM
  • KHLow2008

Alarm should not be related to the ECU while others could be. Lets wait for the electrical shop an see if they are able to resolve them.

Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 6:30 PM

Other P0753 Questions