EXCESSIVE WHEEL VIBRATION

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

gvp

May, 8, 2012 AT 6:56 PM

I have a 96 Grand Cherokee 4x4 I have excessive wheel vibration when turning right and a pulsing sound when turning left is that going to be my hub or could it be something else?

hmac300

May, 8, 2012 AT 7:03 PM

It couldbe the hub but it may be a wheel bearing on your right side. Have it checked out soon

May, 8, 2012 AT 9:38 PM

IS IT A "VIBRATION" OR MORE LIKE THE STEERING WHEEL IS JERKING LEFT AND RIGHT REAL REPETITIVELY?

IF SO, CAN YOU FEEL THE SAME THING L & R THING EVER SO SLIGHTLY WHEN YOU ARE GOING STRAIGHT?

LET ME KNOW, I'LL GO INTO GREATER DETAIL, SHOULD THIS BE THE CASE

gvp

May, 21, 2012 AT 11:09 AM

Its a vibration when making a U turn it also makes a cluncking sound it kinda feels like your running over turtles when making a left at higher speeds

May, 21, 2012 AT 1:56 PM

SORTA SOUNDS LIKE A STEERING OR SUSPENSION, SOMETHING REALLY: BENT/ LOOSE/ TERRIBLY WORN ISSUE. OR YOUR TIRES ARE SLAP WORN OUT AND SLIDING/ JUMPING DURING THE U-TURNS

I WOULD TAKE IT TO A REPUTABLE ALIGNMENT SHOP FOR SOME "HANDS ON" DIAGNOSIS. DON'T WANT THE STEERING TO FAIL WHILE ON THE ROAD!

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Replace Tie Rod End