I HAVE THE CODE P0193 ON MY ESCAPE

1996 Honda Accord

bcmullen95

February, 5, 2013 AT 2:52 PM

I have the code P0193 on my escape. I know that the fuel pressure sensor could be the problem, but I should test the fuel pressure first as a process of elimination. I believe the car is a 4 cylinder not hybrid. Where is the port to test for fuel pressure, and if there isn't one how would I go about testing to see if the sensor is bad. I do not own a scan tool that could test it, and what should be the fuel pressure if there is a port. Thanks

Jacobandnickolas

February, 5, 2013 AT 2:53 PM

IS this a Honda or an Escape? As far as the test port, it should be on the fuel rail on the engine. If it isn't, you may have to check pressure at the fuel filter.

bcmullen95

February, 5, 2013 AT 2:56 PM

An escape. I don't know what it is an 05 escape 4cyl

Wrenchtech

February, 5, 2013 AT 3:13 PM

A fuel pressure gauge isn't going to be much help. This is an electrical issue that will will need a high end scan tool to troubleshoot properly. It could just as easily be a wiring or computer problem.