MY TWO WHEEL DRIVE TURBO DIESEL, BLOWS A DIRECTIONAL FUSE (INTERMITTENTLY) WHEN I BACK UP.

• Donkmon
  • 1996 GMC Suburban

This used to be an occasional problem during wet weather. Now if I reverse for more than two/three seconds the directional fuse blows (i upped to a 30amp from 20amp to get the slow blow). I eliminated directional signal & multi-function rear-view mirror as a cause. Only back-up circuit causes the problem. I fully inspected the harnesses and can see no problem. Must be more trucks out there doing this. Any ideas for further trouble shooting?

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 AT 9:13 PM

• rasmataz

Possible that the reverse light circuit is shorted to the turn signal-it takes a multimeter to identify problems with wires then just looking at it for wear and tear. BTW quit upping the amperage of the fuse -you might end up with electrical fire and there's goes the main wiring harness-

Thursday, January 26th, 2012 AT 4:05 AM