IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY BRAKES REPLACE ALL ...

1996 GMC Savana

Wittlechic

November, 25, 2012 AT 6:28 PM

I'm having a problem with my brakes, replace all the lines and the master, bleed the master but I still dont have a brake peddle what else can be done. Please help me

Yvonne

November, 25, 2012 AT 6:42 PM

I can't see much from here. Any abs codes/ antilock brakes. Did you follow proper bleeding procedure?

Wittlechic

November, 25, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

No codes/ or antilock brakes codes, I just dont have a peddle and yes I followed bleeding procedures, I need help

November, 26, 2012 AT 1:26 PM

Can you get any fluid at the wheel cylinders?

November, 26, 2012 AT 1:44 PM

Were you having this problem before you worked on it? With vehicle moving slowly will the brakes stop the vehicle? What about your brake booster?

Wittlechic

November, 26, 2012 AT 3:34 PM

I had brakes before the line broke, so I replace all lines then I replaced the master but I have a peddle when the car is off but when I start it up I have no pedal? Anything you can think of what might cause it to do this would greatly help me.

November, 26, 2012 AT 4:34 PM

Hi, I asked the boss to have one of the others check out your post. I've gone about as far as I can. I'm not sure how long it will take to get a reply.

Wittlechic

November, 26, 2012 AT 7:33 PM

Ok I wait got your boss to reply, thank you so much for your help JDL, I sure hope he can help me fix the problem

Thank you
Yvonne

Wittlechic

November, 26, 2012 AT 7:34 PM

Thank you
Wittlechic

hmac300

November, 26, 2012 AT 8:09 PM

Hi checking into this a few questions. When you first installed the master cylinder did you bench bleed it before install? Is this the correct master like if it's for a vacuum booster and you have ahydro boost the may be different with different lengths of rod. If you bled this correctly, meaning rr-lr-rf-lf it should be ok unless the rod is to short. If this is hydro boost then you may still have air in system. If this is a vacuum booster then seeif the check valve at booster is leaking.

hmac300

November, 26, 2012 AT 8:15 PM

Oneother thing, if this is hydro boost check for full p/s resevoir then do this: BLEEDING HYDRO BOOST SYSTEM

1. Fill power steering pump reservoir and leave undisturbed for at least 2 minutes. Start engine and run momentarily. Add fluid if necessary. Repeat until fluid level remains constant with engine running.
2. Stop engine. Raise front wheels off the ground. Turn steering wheel from stop to stop. Add fluid if necessary. Lower vehicle.
3. Start engine. Press brake pedal several times while turning steering wheel from stop to stop. Turn engine off. Press brake pedal several times to exhaust accumulator pressure. Check fluid level. Add fluid (if
necessary).
4. If fluid is foamy, let vehicle stand for several minutes, then repeat step 3). Air in system will cause fluid level to rise with engine off. Continue to bleed system until all air is expelled. If all air is not expelled after
bleeding system, check power steering system for problem.

Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front