STRUGGLES TO GET UP TO SPEED

1996 Ford Futura

Troubling EF

March, 10, 2012 AT 2:27 AM

Having engine power problems with my 1996 Ef futura have replaced leads and plugs new exhaust and cat fuel filter thermo n housing but my car seems to struggle to reach 60ks n up any and if it gets to that speed it's a long time rather then the quick normal to drive from stationary it takes a good 2-3 ks before it reaches speed of 60ks then struggles to go any faster or takes a fair time to reach the targeted speed have checked the accelerator cable and there is no play am at a loss to what else it could be

fixitmr

March, 10, 2012 AT 2:32 AM

Sounds like an ignition timing advance issue.

Troubling EF

March, 10, 2012 AT 2:40 AM

How do I fix that Problem with the ignition timing

Troubling EF

March, 10, 2012 AT 2:45 AM

As I do all my own work on the car is it something I can fix or is it something that needs specific timing equipment

fixitmr

March, 10, 2012 AT 9:53 AM

Auto or stick?

Troubling EF

March, 10, 2012 AT 11:19 AM

It s a Auto

fixitmr

March, 13, 2012 AT 6:56 AM

When did it start doing this?

Troubling EF

March, 13, 2012 AT 9:51 AM

I've only just bought it a month ago was owned by an old woman that's constantly kept it up to date with services but she loaned it to a friend a month prior to myself buying it and thats how it came back as the lady couldn't afford to fix the problem decided to sell it have no other problems except lack of power pick up

Troubling EF

March, 13, 2012 AT 9:58 AM

When I went over the car after buying looking at (door boot seals bushes things like that ) it seemed to me it had been sitting for awhile due to the built up of spiderwebs and spiders in and on and under the car

fixitmr

March, 15, 2012 AT 8:06 PM

What motor is it?

Troubling EF

March, 16, 2012 AT 1:10 AM

Standard 6 cylinder originaNal

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen