HOW DO I CORRECT P0320 CODE

1996 Ford Bronco

rosebud7306

October, 16, 2012 AT 5:21 AM

I have replaced icm, tps, cpk, alternator, cap rotor, charged and tested battery, coil replaced, replaced both up stream 02 sensors it starts and runs for awhile then it stalls and throws a p0320 code. Once it stalls wont start again till after it sits fuel pump whistles and when you remove gas cap sounds like its blowing air or hissing sound. Dont know what to check next?

October, 16, 2012 AT 7:14 AM

Which engine do you have?

DTC P0320: Continuous memory DTC P0320 indicates two successive
erratic Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) pulses occurred resulting in a possible
engine miss or stall. Possible Cause: Low battery voltage.

Loose wires/connectors.

Open/Shorted circuits.

Damaged distributor cap, rotor, plugs or plug wires.

Damaged coil, ICM or PCM.

rosebud7306

October, 24, 2012 AT 4:12 AM

I have 351 motor Battery was tested and charged, replaced ICM, replaced coil, Replaced alternator, replaced Cap and Rotor, Will run for awhile then acts like running out of gas. It also hesitates when you reve the motor. The check engine light comes on then stalls. Code reader says p0320.

October, 24, 2012 AT 12:33 PM

Guess you would need to plug in a scan tool to monitor the various components as listed above to see which could be working out of specs.

rosebud7306

November, 2, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

Just taken it to a shop found bad distributor. Went inspection failed for obd is not ready. They said computer not reseting or reading

November, 2, 2012 AT 9:14 PM

You would need to drive the vehicle for some distance for the monitors to be ready. Try driving on highway for 20 minutes and then back to city driving for another 1 minutes, Go back to highway for another 10 to 20 minutes and recheck if they are ready. While driving aviod sudden/abrupt accelerations.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8