FUEL LEVEL GAUGE NOT WORKING

1996 Dodge Intrepid

jabajaws1@yahoo.com

December, 8, 2011 AT 8:53 PM

I put some gas in my car. The fuel light was on and did not turn off. It didn't mark any gas either. Next day I put about $13.00 of gas and it still didn't mark anything. I run it about 10 miles and then it stopped on side of road. The low level light would turn on.

Is my trouble with the electrical wires or something loose. Do I still have gas in the tank. Could a filter be stopped up when the gas tries to go through?

Fuel Gauge Not Working

Fuel Gauge Doesn't Work

fixitmr

December, 8, 2011 AT 9:03 PM

So your sayin you are puttin gas in and it's not registering on gauge? Unless you smell gas around car i'd say it's still in there. This just happened all of a sudden? No previous goofs?

jabajaws1@yahoo.com

December, 8, 2011 AT 9:12 PM

It's not registering on the guage, and it just happened this week. It also smelled a litte bit when I put gas. But I see nothing leaking on ground. No previous goofs. Sometimes I put a higher premium of gas. Once or twice. I put the same kind of gas all time. I am hoping it is not serious, because I need it to go to work. My only means of transportation. What could it be?

fixitmr

December, 14, 2011 AT 6:13 AM

So your sayin no matter how much gas you put in it dont drive very far?

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation