TURNS OFF RANDOMLY AFTER BEING USED FOR A WHILE...

1996 Dodge Caravan

Jimmy_15

September, 11, 2012 AT 1:52 PM

My 1996 Dodge Caravan turns off on me after being used for a while. When I'm at a stop sign, taking off at slow speeds or going at slow speeds (less than 35 mph) it turns off. I put it on neutral and it starts up right away, sometimes it turns off back and I turn it on again right after. We tried to fix it by changing the transmission oil filter, the oxygen censor but nothing worked.

hmac300

September, 11, 2012 AT 2:12 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure. Then clean throttle plateon both sides with choke cleaner as they gum up and cause stalling problems.

Jimmy_15

September, 11, 2012 AT 8:22 PM

We scanned for codes yesterday and the only thing that came out was the oxygen censor, but that didn't work

hmac300

September, 11, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

Then check resistance in cam and crank sensors it may be to high also do the choke cleaner thing.I don't have numbers for resistance so chec against a newone at auto parts store.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast