MY VAN MOVE WHEN I PUT INTO GEAR CODE WAS P1768?

• jamari t
  • 1996 Chrysler Town and Country

(reverse or drive ) It engages both. A ring is around each gear on the instrument panel. Fluid is okay.

I noticed the transmission down shifted early when I was coming to a stop and I heard a noise on the left side of the van.I went about 5 blocks, stop to make a turn and it wouldn't move. I went thru all the gears and it still wouldn't move, so I cut it off and back on and it finally snap into gear hard I made my turn. I got back in it 15 minutes later and it took off like normal I made it about 4 blocks and it did the same thing again.

I did what I did before and it went another 6 blocks and did the same thing but wouldn't move no more so I had it towed home. It acts like something is holding it back when I put it in gear to move. It never went into limp mode during all this. When I use the windshield wipers it goes into limp mode. The service engine soon light was on also. The guy at Auto Zone said the code was p1768.

Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 AT 11:46 PM

• ASEMaster6371

You have an internal failure in the trans. Get to a trans shop. It most likely will have to come out and be overhauled.

Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 AT 11:51 PM