TURN SIGNAL PROBLEMS AND PARKING LAMP RELAY CHATTER

1996 Chrysler Town and Country

carolinacarconnection

August, 5, 2012 AT 5:26 AM

TO START OFF IM A PRETTY GOOD MECHANIC BUT IM SICK OF THIS ONE.

THE PARKING LAMP RELAY CHATTERS WHEN THE HEADLIGHTS ARE ON ONLY. GETS LOUDER WHEN YOU TURN THE IGITION SWITCH ON. AND I AM HAVING INTERMEDIATE TURN SIGNAL PROBLEMS. SOMETIMES THEY WORK OTHERS THEY DONT. WHEN I BOUT THE HEADLIGHT ON CHIME CHIMED WITH THE HEADLIGHTS OFF DOOR OPENED. I DISCONNECTED THE DOOR SWITCH SO THAT PROBLEM IS SOLVED. BUT ALSO ALL THE HVAC LIGHTS FLASHED WITH THE HEADLIGHTS ON. CAN ANYONE HELP

carolinacarconnection

August, 5, 2012 AT 5:34 AM

I DO HAVE A DIGITAL MULTIMETER AND SHOULD HAVE ALL TOOLS FOR TESTING

mhpautos

August, 5, 2012 AT 12:47 PM

This is sounding very much like a bad earthing problem, start with checking all relevant earth points, and let me know what you find.

August, 5, 2012 AT 4:11 PM

All these are linked to the Body Control Module so you should get tht checekd as well.

carolinacarconnection

August, 5, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

Can you please tell me how to test the bcm? Also heres something I havent seen before. Pulled the ground off at the battery, cleaned the terminal and post and when I reconnected it the wipers made one pass across the windshield and the wipers where in the off position. Please respond asap my customer is supposr to pick the car up in the morning

carolinacarconnection

August, 5, 2012 AT 7:03 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/dodge-caravan-1996-dodge-caravan-relay-chattering

this guy appeared to have the same problem.. did the test between good ground and terminal 8 on the bcm A connector and i have 10 ohms

carolinacarconnection

August, 5, 2012 AT 7:18 PM

Just looked on alldata the guy has that guy testing ground and terminal 8 is dimmer switch. Someone help me figure out how to test this bcm correctly

August, 6, 2012 AT 1:31 PM

Plug in a scan tool and check for trouble codes first.

carolinacarconnection

August, 6, 2012 AT 11:00 PM

Ok here is a even better question. It is the body control module bad my part number ends in 25. Will I have to take it to the dealership and have it programed? Mine is a non security verson

August, 7, 2012 AT 2:24 PM

No, you need not.

carolinacarconnection

August, 11, 2012 AT 12:46 AM

Bcm fixed it!

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro