SEIZED HOOD LATCH

1996 Chrysler Cirrus

becky7234

December, 12, 2010 AT 4:48 PM

I have a seized hood latch on myn 96 Chrysler cirrus. I need a diagram or photo of the latch under the hood with information on how it works, ie- push/pull left/right etc! The cable broke trying to open and now that we can get ahold of the cable, the wires continually break while pulling. Tried spraying WD40 on latch through the 1/2 inch gap that we have access to, and carb cleaner also. Nothing opens it.

Hood Latch

Hood Latch

1 ANSWER

Jacobandnickolas

December, 15, 2010 AT 3:57 AM

I was unable to find a picture. I will try to explaine how it is in there. The latch assembly is mounted to the radiator core support. The cable runs from in the vehicle along the passanger side where it attaches to the latch. If you are facing the front of the vehicle, the cable would pull the latch to the right to release. The problem is, getting something in there to grab the cable. It will be tight.

Let me know if this helps. NOTE: To remove the grill, (which would provide access) the hood has to be open.

Hood Latch Stuck Closed
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta