I BOUGHT A USED ENGINE FOR MY CAR.THE PROBLEM IS IT ISN'T THE YEAR ENGINE HE TOLD ME IT WAS.

1996 Buick Riviera

Cpbr549

July, 2, 2012 AT 6:19 PM

After I got the engine home and looked at it next to mine I noticed differences. Looks like it has a kick down cable on tranny was 1.I looked at pics online and looks identical to a 90 parkavenue 3.8 engine. Could I swap intake manifolds and use it, or don't they interchange,

saturntech9

July, 2, 2012 AT 6:47 PM

If you tell me what size engine you have and what year engine size make and model the other engine is I can tell you if its a match?

saturntech9

July, 2, 2012 AT 7:06 PM

I have info that says your engine in your riveria for that car will work for 1995-1997 the park ave 1995-1997 so a 1990 park ave says it wont work. Atleast according to my info thats a long block with no intake or exhaust manifolds.

JonasRitter

October, 17, 2014 AT 5:21 AM

I think you should interchange it immediately, but if they are not replacing it then leave it. Tell the size or specification you want I can recommend you a place to buy good quality used engine at reasonable price. For your help, I am suggesting one site i.e. http://allusedparts.com/engine.html that has large inventory and offers wide options to make a choice. However, no need to depend only on this, there are many more options out there as well. Just suggest what you are looking for.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Air Filter Replacement