COOLANT/RADIATOR

1996 BMW

jessiesgirlll

December, 1, 2010 AT 2:55 PM

96 bmw 318ti coolant keeps having to be added constantly, at times car will over heat and when you add coolant it will pour out bottom. Then I repeat and the coolant stays in? Really confused

Radiator

1 ANSWER

Dr. Hagerty

December, 1, 2010 AT 3:08 PM

Has the cooling system been pressure tested? Where is the coolant pouring out from exactly? Is there anything else you can tell me about the car?

jessiesgirlll

December, 1, 2010 AT 4:53 PM

I dont know if it has been tested. It pours out of the bottom it appears of the radiator, after it has been hot(it has only done this twice now) and again I add the coolant and it will hold. But I have to check it daily to see if it needs replenished. I just went out to check it and had to add to it. But nothing is leaking I dont know where its going.

Dr. Hagerty

December, 1, 2010 AT 5:18 PM

My recommendation would be to have the cooling system pressure tested and find out exactly where the coolant is leaking from. The possibilities are that the engine could sustain damage if the issue isn't addressed straightaway. If it is the radiator, then the rest of the cooling system components may well need scrutiny too, the plastic components and the hoses may be at risk.

jessiesgirlll

December, 1, 2010 AT 6:25 PM

I will do that so much for your help!

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet
Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX