I BELIEVE I HAVE A FRONT LEFT BRAKE HANGING UP

1995 Toyota Tacoma

Anonymous

March, 29, 2013 AT 12:40 AM

I believe I have a front left brake hanging up. The problem is that it only seems to do this when I first take off, I get a vibration like I have a flat tire, but it stops when I hit abut 50. Doing about 20-30, it pulls hard to the left, but again, quits at about 50. I noticed pulling into my driveway (or on any incline or decline) it seems to not want to go at all, I have to give extra gas or downshift. How bad have I messed up my truck? This has been happening for about 2 weeks and I drive 23 miles 1 way to wrk every day. Except now, I have parked the truck

caradiodoc

March, 29, 2013 AT 1:21 AM

This is typical of a sticking brake caliper. At worst you may have overheated and warped the rotor but that doesn't always happen. Next time it locks up, loosen the bleeder screw on the caliper. If it doesn't release, replace both calipers. If it does release suspect the rubber flex hose is constricted and blocking the brake fluid from returning to the master cylinder.

Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe