I HAVE A TOYOTA SPECTER 3LTR AUTO

1995 Toyota Camry

windows2012

December, 2, 2012 AT 4:55 AM

Hi I have a Toyota specter 3ltr auto.
The car after driving for about 5 minutes, when braking coming to a stop light will cut out.
I put it in neutral nd start it back up with know problem starting it back up.
What I have been doing when approaching a stop light is put it in neutral and it dosn`t stall.
Any ideas?
The other prob I have is the speedo gauge works sometimes and sometimes not, when it is not working the gas gauge nd the tempeture gauge dosn`t work. The rev counter has never worked since I have owned it.

December, 2, 2012 AT 7:13 PM

Idling speed is too low. Hve the throttle body and IAC cleaned and readjust the idling speed.

Check the meter cluster and its wire harness.

windows2012

December, 3, 2012 AT 2:45 AM

Hi thanks for that.
Just checking and that is you think that it sounds more like the cluster and wire harness rather than the speed sensor sending unit.
Or could it be both?
With my idle It does seem to be normal and consistant however it happens only when it warms up and only when I put the brakes on to stop.
So I guess like you said it probably needs a clean.

December, 3, 2012 AT 8:13 PM

It could be both but if the problems occurs simultaneously, the problem would more likely to be wiring connection or meter cluster fault rather than the VSS.

During cold start, the idling would be higher but at operating temperature, the idling would drop and if idle control air passagges are dirty, the idle would drop more than it should causing intermittent stalling or almost stalling situations at stops.

windows2012

December, 6, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

Hi I have had the throtle etc. Cleanded and have had the cluster repaired, I am so suprised with all the lights I can see now when I turn the key on without starting, eg oil light, battery etc.
The car is running real good now and I am very happy.
The only problem I have now is the air bag light is on and stays on.
The mechanics are not sure why. I suspect this problem may have been there before when the cluster unit was not displaying lights properley or it may have been damaged when repaired. Any how I need to get it repaired and I was wondering if you have any ideas?
The analising report says.
" Total codes: 001
CODE001: 14 Squib circuit open. (1)
airbag D+ or D- open. (2)
hairspring short to positive.
(3) airbag fault.
(4) SRS module fault

Thanks and will do a donation now.

December, 7, 2012 AT 1:19 PM

You are wlecome and thank you for the donation.

SRS Code 14 - Open circuit between steering wheel pad and center air bag sensor; faulty steering wheel pad; faulty spiral cable; or faulty center air bag sensor.

Usually such faults are due to a bad spiral cable under steering wheel. This can occur after steering wheel removal and is not correctly installed.

windows2012

December, 7, 2012 AT 8:22 PM

Thank you.

December, 7, 2012 AT 8:34 PM

You are welcome.

windows2012

December, 8, 2012 AT 9:16 AM

Hi I want to do a donation however I can t so to do so would I have to start again?

windows2012

December, 8, 2012 AT 9:25 AM

Try again

December, 8, 2012 AT 6:42 PM

Immediately after your first post there is a blue link "Upgrade question". If you click it you would be brought to where you can proceed with donations.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Open Hood Video
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement