CAR STALLS OR DIES OUT AFTER COMING TO A STOP

1995 Toyota Camry

2CarPros-Archives

October, 19, 2010 AT 5:48 AM

1995 Toyota Camry mileage: 128,000. The car stalls or dies out after coming to or approaching a stop (like after freeway driving) or slowing down to turn a corner. While sitting at the light (hoping it won't die), it chugs and idles rough. It seems to happen more when the engine has been running and hot, and while I am braking and almost at a stop. The mechanic changed the catalytic converter, replaced ignition rotor and wires, did a fuel injection service and throttle body cleaning. He also said he checked the IAC valve (okay), the EGR (okay), and adjusted the TPS to factory default. The problem still occurs after all this work was done (and money paid). I am so frustrated with this problem and am afraid to take this car out for fear I will get rear-ended or stuck some place. I also feel like I paid all this money just to have a laundry list of other repairs that I didn't even originally ask about. I would appreciate any advice you could give.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

2CarPros-Archives

October, 18, 2010 AT 10:51 PM

Recheck the EGR (exhaust gas recycling) valve and the IAC (idle air control) valve as your problem points to one or both malfunctioning.