JUMPS OUT OF PARKSHIFTING LINKAGE NEED ADJUSTING...

1995 Saturn Astra

jgirl67

January, 10, 2011 AT 3:46 AM

Jumps out of park
shifting linkage need adjusting?

saturntech9

January, 10, 2011 AT 3:57 AM

I need to know what model you really have they didn't make the astra till 2008. In 1995 they had the SL SL1 SL2 SC1 SC2 SW1 SW2?Also you say it jump's out of park?Does the inside shifter move out of park?Or does the car start moving while it's in park?The more detail's the better.

jgirl67

January, 10, 2011 AT 4:02 AM

Sl1

jgirl67

January, 10, 2011 AT 4:05 AM

Ls1

keeps moving in park

saturntech9

January, 10, 2011 AT 4:06 AM

Alright you say it jump's out of park?Does the inside shifter move out of park?Or does the car start moving while it's in park?The more detail's the better.I need this information since i'm not there to see what's going on etc.I need you to be my eye's.
Louie

jgirl67

January, 10, 2011 AT 4:11 AM

When u stop and put it in park, its like its trying to jump or pull
shifter doesnt move, its like its between park and reverse
we were told the linkage may need adjusting? Can u, if so, how?

saturntech9

January, 10, 2011 AT 4:23 AM

Alright you have a LS1 so that's the 2.2L engine So when it's trying to jump or roll forward is the car running or shut off?Also it only does this with the car running or only running?

jgirl67

January, 10, 2011 AT 4:31 AM

When u go to put in in park, it makes a popping sound, park isnt holding, car keeps moving, have to use emergency brake
it does it both when its running or not

saturntech9

So you have a LS1 I forgot to ask you what year it was they only made those in 2000. Is that what year you have?The next step I would do to see if it's a transmission or shifter cable issue is to put the car in park set the ebrake. Now unhook the shifter cable end from the arm on the transmission carefully use a large flat blade screwdriver to pop it off the ball. Iposted a diagram of where it is look below the area under your under hood fuse box and try to move the arm further away from the cable end by hand. Then take the ebrake off and see if the car roll's if it does then it's not a cable adjustment or cable issue it's inside the transmission.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars