Hi all, I have a wirin issue with my Passenger window motor and I don't know where to start, I bought a bundle of two motors and I installed one after my passenger motor burned out and hardly worked, it worked for a few days and then I smelt a burning smell and my window wouldn't roll up, upon taking the door apart I found that the motor I had installed basically caught fire. Almost, I installed the new motor and it won't work, if I continuously press down on the window switch, every now and then it twitches but won't stay going, just a little twitch here and there, I need a bit of help trying to find out what to do because having no AC and just one window with ttops looks not only stupid, it doesn't get the job done, any ideas? Prices? Anything I could do to fix this?
The switch may have failed as well. Open the harness and look for broken wires or shorted wires and repair as necessary.
April, 12, 2012 AT 11:53 PM
My first gess would be the switch baced on what you are telling me. See you add power and ground to the 2 wires @ the motor if it will run. You can switch power and ground on the 2 wires to run the motor the other way. This will let us know if the motor is good. If you have a test light see if there is voltage on the dkblue wire when the switch is in the up posostion. And voltage on the brn wire when switch is held for down. The switch will flip flop power and ground to run the motor up and down. Will it work from the drivers master switch? Does the driver window work ok? Also see if there is voltage on the brn wire with the key on or engine running
April, 13, 2012 AT 12:07 AM
It wOnt work on the master switch and I took my driver door apart and hooked up the motor to the drivers side and the motor worked fine so I don't think its the switch is bad, It has to be a wire issue, I looked at the with I could see, and it looked okay, the housing was a little melted but the actual connectors were fine
April, 13, 2012 AT 12:20 AM
Try adding power to the lt blu wire going in to the switch on the pass sideand adding a ground to the tan wire. Then flip the power and ground and run it the other way. If the motor runs the switch is good on the pass side if not the switch or wires from the switch to the motor havea problem