THE MICRO SWITCH IN MY KEY FOB HAS BROKEN OFF ...

1995 Mercedes Benz C180

martyn bebb

The micro switch in my key fob has broken off the PCB (1 button key fob) ther are 4 legs on the switch can I resolder just 2 of them so the central locking works & not imobiliser. If so is it the front 2 or the back 2. Front being nearest the infra red lense.

caradiodoc

In all the radios I've worked on the switches also have four terminals but they are always in pairs. That allows the designers flexibility in running the wires on the circuit board. They can connect to either pin, whichever one works out better. There are never two independent switches built into one so you are not going to disable one function by not soldering some of the pins. The unit only puts out one signal per button. If different functions are initiated by pressing the switch in a certain sequence, that is figured out by the receiver, not the key fob.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation