I HAVE A 1995 CHRYSLER CIRRUS LXI

1995 Chrysler Cirrus

Chryslerguy022

January, 7, 2013 AT 2:50 AM

I have a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus LXi. Currently the Check Engine light is on. Before the light turned on the trans was fine. Now the light is on and approx. Every 50 miles the transmission acts up. What it does is the engine light will turn off, then the car will jerk while the RPM spikes up to 3.5k. Then everything goes back to normal and the light turns back on. Lasts about 2 seconds. I previously had the light addressed and they said that my CPU is bad, which makes sense because sometimes the digital odometer flickers, the airbag light comes on and both the A/C and Heater are tempermental. Could the transmission have to do with the processor on the car?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 7, 2013 AT 2:54 AM

Everything is tied together. However, I would think that there is a problem with the body control module. Regardless, have the computer scanned to identify where the problem is coming from. If the light is on, there should be a trouble code that identifies where the problem is coming from.