STALLING PROBLEMS

• Tbm817
  • 1995 Chevrolet Van

Stumped once again. Was in the middle of town the other day after buying oil and a fuel filter. Ended up changing the fuel filter on the side of the road cause it kept on dying and acting sluggish/surging when I pressed on the gas. Got that changed, and it acted fine. Went out and cranked it up today and its doing the same thing. I had a buddy tell me it might be a iac valve, but other then that I don't know what it could be. I changed the fuel pump 6 months ago, cleaned out the throttle body about 2 weeks ago and the injectors were working fine then. Any ideas? This is on a 95 chevy g20 3/4 ton van with a vortec 4.3

Monday, October 8th, 2012 AT 12:16 AM

• saturntech9

A iac isnt going to cause it to act sluggish. Do you have any codes?Also do you ever have to let off the gas for it to shift?

Monday, October 8th, 2012 AT 1:29 AM
  • Tbm817

It's only sluggish and stalling at takeoff/low rpms, after that I don't have a issue. It does throw a code after it stalls out. I'm gonna take it to my buddy's house and borrow his reader tomorrow. And no I don't have to let off the gas for the trans to shift up a gear

Monday, October 8th, 2012 AT 1:39 AM
  • saturntech9

Let me know the exact code number not code descriptions.

Monday, October 8th, 2012 AT 2:16 AM