Stalling problems

TBM817
  • 1995 CHEVROLET VAN

Stumped once again. Was in the middle of town the other day after buying oil and a fuel filter. Ended up changing the fuel filter on the side of the road cause it kept on dying and acting sluggish/surging when I pressed on the gas. Got that changed, and it acted fine. Went out and cranked it up today and its doing the same thing. I had a buddy tell me it might be a iac valve, but other then that I don't know what it could be. I changed the fuel pump 6 months ago, cleaned out the throttle body about 2 weeks ago and the injectors were working fine then. Any ideas? This is on a 95 chevy g20 3/4 ton van with a vortec 4.3

Monday, October 8th, 2012 AT 12:16 AM

SATURNTECH9

A iac isnt going to cause it to act sluggish. Do you have any codes?Also do you ever have to let off the gas for it to shift?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Monday, October 8th, 2012 AT 1:29 AM
TBM817

It's only sluggish and stalling at takeoff/low rpms, after that I don't have a issue. It does throw a code after it stalls out. I'm gonna take it to my buddy's house and borrow his reader tomorrow. And no I don't have to let off the gas for the trans to shift up a gear

Monday, October 8th, 2012 AT 1:39 AM
SATURNTECH9

Let me know the exact code number not code descriptions.

Monday, October 8th, 2012 AT 2:16 AM